Monday, October 8, 2012

A Fresh Beginning!

Welcome to Rainbow Nerd!  In an effort to get my thoughts out of my head and down onto virtual paper I've started a blog.  Here is where I'll be discussing various nerd things like gaming, anime, manga, comics, science, and varying other fun topics.  Though doing that would be boring, right?  Right.  I'm going to be focusing on all of that stuff with my patented level of snark and old-man-ness but I'm also going to look at things with a perspective of someone gay in the nerd community.


Now, this isn't exactly a bunch of activism and long winded posts about how unfair the world is.  I'll cover equality and the lack thereof in the community and forms of media we nerds enjoy but I also want this to be a space for fun and for us gaymers, gay nerds, and queer geeks to come and discuss the topics we enjoy.  We'll be looking at things through our lenses and do so while being silly and serious to bring about a decent discussion on the news of the day.

I'll be posting reviews, opinion pieces, comments on news, and general informational pieces here so I hope you'll join me.  Things will be updated regularly, I'm hoping, so be sure to stay tuned.  Subscribe if you will!  Or, you know, bookmark me.  At the very least type me into your URL bar so it memorizes who I am and then you'll be able to get here just by typing in "r-a" and then hitting enter!

A little bit about me so I can gain your trust- I'm just a Youth who enjoys both men and the nerdier things in life.  I play video games, I roll d20s, I read manga, I watch anime, and I even know a thing or two about physics.  I have a degree in Japanese so trust me on any posts about Japan.  I totally know everything (I don't, but I know enough!).  I dabble in many of the nerdy arts and will be writing exactly what I know.  No fake, hipster nerd chic.  No, "I'm a gamer, I play Angry Birds".  Nothing fake or silly.  Trust me.

Tomorrow will be my first post.  Today is just me passing out the syllabus and acting like you read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment